Apricorn 8Gb 256-Bit Aes Xts Hardware Encrypted Secure Usb 3.0 Memory Key IP67 Certified (ASK3-NX-8GB)
The NeXt Generation of Aegis Secure Key Brings NeXt Level Security Features
Our fourth generation of Secure Keys brings next generation security features, up to 25% cooler operating temperatures, and an even lower cost. Software-Free, 100% hardware-based 256-bit AES XTS encrypted, onboard keypad PIN authenticated, and ultra-fast USB 3.1 (3.0) data transfer speeds.
All Data is encrypted on the fly and the device’s PINs and Data remain encrypted while the drive is at rest. Completely cross-platform compatible and OS agnostic; thrives in Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, Chrome, embedded systems, and equipment possessing a powered USB port and storage file system. All internal componentry is protected from physical tampering with a layer of hardened epoxy, and locked-down firmware brings immunity to malware attacks such as BadUSB.
Military Grade 256-bit AES XTS Hardware Encryption:
- All data is encrypted on-the-fly with built-in 256-bit AES XTS.
- The Aegis Secure Key 3NX is ready to use right out of the box–no software, no drivers, no updates. It can even be utilized where no keyboard is present. Completely crossplatform compatible, the Aegis Secure Key excels virtually anywhere – PCs, MACs, Linux, or any OS with a powered USB port and a storage file system.
- Create custom profiles and mass configure multiple Secure Keys at once with Apricorn’s new Configurator / Powered Hub bundle.
- All PIN entries and controls are performed on the keypad of the Aegis Secure Key. No critical security parameters are ever shared with the host computer. Since there is no host involvement in the key’s authentication or operation, the risks of software hacking and key-logging are completely circumvented.
Super Tough, Inside and Out:
- The Aegis Secure Key’s rugged, extruded aluminum casing and polymer-coated keypad is IP67 rated as resistant to dust and water. Inside, another layer of protection is added by encasing the inner componentry with a hardened epoxy compound to prevent physical access to the encryption circuitry.
Independent User and Admin PINs:
- The Aegis Secure Key can be configured with independent User and Admin PINs, making it an ideal device for corporate and government deployment. Should the User forget his or her PIN, the drive can still be unlocked with the Admin PIN after which, a new User PIN can then be created.
One-Time Recovery PINs:
- In the event that a User PIN is forgotten, up to 4 one-time use recovery PINs can be programmed to permit access to the drive’s data.
Removable Media / Fixed Disk Toggle:
- Configure at time of setup to be recognized by any OS or machine with a USB port as one or the other
- Locks automatically whenever it’s unplugged from its powered USB port, and is further programmable to lock after a predetermined period of inactivity.
- Allows the drive to be cleared and redeployed as many times as needed. Capable of generating an infinite number of randomly generated encryption keys,
- After a predetermined number (programmable; up to 20) of incorrect PIN entry attempts, the Aegis Secure Key will conclude that it is under Brute Force Attack and will respond by performing a crypto-erase – deleting the encryption key which will render all of the key’s data useless.
- Designated for specific cases in which the key needs to remain unlocked, e.g., during reboot, passing the key through a virtual machine, or other similar situations that would normally prompt the key to automatically lock. When enabled, Lock-Override Mode allows the key to remain unlocked through USB port re-enumeration and will not re-lock until USB power is interrupted.
Two Read-Only Modes:
- Perfect for accessing data on the key in a public setting to protect against USB viruses. Particularly important in forensics, Read-Only Mode is ideal for applications that require data to be preserved in its original, unaltered state and can’t be overwritten or modified. The Secure Key 3NX has two read-only modes. One is set by the admin in the admin mode and can’t be modified or disabled by anyone other than the admin. The second read-only mode can be set and disabled by a user but can also be overridden by the admin as well.
- The last line of defense for data security where all of the drive’s contents must be wiped to avert breach. The Secure Key’s Self-Destruct PIN defends against physically compromising situations by erasing the key’s contents, leaving it in normal working order and to appear as if it has yet to be deployed.
- DATA TRANSFER RATE
Up to 77MB/s Read / 72MB/s Write
- POWER SUPPLY
USB Port / Internal Battery
Super Speed USB 3.1 (Backwards compatible with USB 3.0, 2.0 and 1.1)
81mm x 18.4mm x 9.5mm | 22 g
3-year Limited Warranty
FIPS 140-2 Level 3 pending 4Q 2018, IP-67, FCC, CE, VCCI, WEE, C-TICK
ECCN / HTS / CAGE CODE 5A992.c / 8473.50.3000 / 3VYK8
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Windows®, Mac®, Linux, Android and Symbian systems, or any powered USB OS with a storage file system