The Aruba Instant On 1830 JL811A 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Compliant Managed Network Switch helps to quickly grow your small business's network capacity to keep up with the growing list of power over Ethernet devices such as IP security cameras, access points, and VoIP phones. This entry-level managed rackmount switch includes eight Gigabit Ethernet ports, four of which are PoE+ compliant with a 65W power budget. It also supports a host of Layer 2 features without any additional licensing fees. Use the Aruba Instant On mobile app, cloud-based web portal, or local web interface to quickly configure, manage, and monitor the Aruba Instant On 1830 network switch.
- The Aruba Instant On 1830 switch featuring an 800 MHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor with 512MB of memory, 215MB of flash storage, and a 1.5MB packet buffer. It's designed to deliver smooth data transfers with a 16 Gb/s switching capacity and 11.9 Mpps forwarding rate.
- The Aruba Instant On mobile app allows you to remotely configure, monitor, and manage your network switch without needing any additional hardware such as cloud keys or a VPN. You can also update firmware on your Instant On devices directly from the cloud, no matter where you are or what time it is.
- This switch includes four PoE+ complaint ports with a 65W power budget. Features such as automatic power configuration and scheduling allow you to efficiently operate your connected devices.
Multi-Site Remote Management
- The cloud-hosted web interface and mobile app make it easy to remotely manage multiple sites and multiple networks with distributed and multi-tenant deployments. Each site is logically separated and has its own configuration, statistics, guest portal, and admin read/write privileges. Instant On also allows you to create three admin accounts per site, offering the option to lock accounts from accidental deletion.
- This switch supports up to 16 groups of eight network ports, which may be configured to form high-bandwidth connections to compatible devices.
- Cloud-Based Management
- Use the cloud-hosted web interface and mobile app to manage your networks and devices from almost anywhere.
- Local Web GUI Management
- The built-in web-based interface makes it easy for non-technical users to directly manage the Instant On 1830 switch. The interface supports up to five HTTP and HTTPS sessions.
- Simple Network Time Protocol
- The Simple Network Time Protocol (SNTP) automatically synchronizes the switch's date and time for accurate system event tracking and various schedules set by the administrator.
- Trusted Platform Module
- The integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) provides secure, hardware-based generation and storage for cryptographic keys that are used for connections to the Instant On cloud portal.
- Automatic Denial-of-Service Protection
- The Instant On 1830 manages high-volume traffic and prevents denial-of-service (DoS) attacks against the network.
- Global Storm Control
- Protects against conditions where incoming packets flood the LAN, causing network performance degradation for unicast traffic with an unknown destination, and for broadcast and multicast traffic.
- Total Number of Network Ports: 8
- Network (RJ-45): Yes
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 4 x Gigabit Ethernet PoE+
Media & Performance
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
Management & Protocols
- Manageable: Yes
- PoE (RJ-45) Port: Yes
- PoE Budget: 65 W
- Input Voltage: 120 V AC
- Input Voltage: 230 V AC
- Frequency: 50 Hz
- Frequency: 60 Hz
- Power Source: Power Supply
- Power Consumption: 8.20 W
- Form Factor: Cabinet Mount
- Form Factor: Rack-mountable
- Form Factor: Table Top
- Form Factor: Under Table
- Form Factor: Wall Mountable
- Height: 1.7"
- Width: 9.6"
- Depth: 7.7"
- Weight (Approximate): 3.40 lb
- Package Contents:
- Instant On 1830 8G 4p Class4 PoE 65W Switch
- 2 x Post Rack Kit
- Limited Warranty: Lifetime