Superior Transmission Distance
It is not unusual for optical systems to go over 100 kilometers (km), or about 62 miles.
It is impossible to remotely detect a signal being transmitted within a fiber cable. The only way to do so is by actually accessing the optical fiber itself. This makes fiber extremely attractive to governmental bodies, banks and other businesses with major security concerns.
No Metallic Components
Fiber optic cable can be installed in areas with electromagnetic interference (EMI). This includes areas around utility lines, power-carrying lines and railroad tracks. Fiber is also ideal for areas of high lightning-strike incidence.
- UPC (Ultra Physical Contact) fiber connectors for a better surface finish and improved return loss
- Compatible with single-mode fiber applications
- High bandwidth supporting long distances
- Low signal loss and high data rate
- Perfect for use in 10G Ethernet applications and beyond
- Lifetime Warranty