The TP-BC series of smart battery chargers provide up to 210W of total power. Part of the power is allocated to the regulated load output and remaining power is allocated to battery charging.
The load output is regulated. Also the load output will turn off when the battery voltage is low to prevent over discharge of the batteries which can shorten the useable life of the batteries. Load output will turn back on automatically when batteries have sufficient charge. The charger auto-recovers from a power failure so no user action is necessary.
The charger has various protections for short circuit, overvoltage protection, overcurrent and reverse battery. It operates over a wide temperature range making it suitable for industrial applications.
The battery charger will not work without a battery connected.
A solar panel and solar charge controller can be added to the system if supplemental power from solar is desired. A Wind Turbine can be added if wind power is available.
There are various LEDS on the front panel to see status-at-a-glance of the Load Output, Charging Condition and AC Power Condition.
- 210W Total Power
- Regulated 12VDCOutput Voltage
- Seamless Switchover From AC to Battery Power when AC Power Fails.
- Load Control to Prevent Battery Overdischarge. Automatic Recovery.
- Smart Charge program for GEL/AGM or WET type batteries
- Wide temperature operation
- Wireless Base Stations, Cellular Base Stations
- Surveillance Systems
- Battery Backup Systems
- 250 x 185 x 55mm (9.8 x 7.3 x 2.2”)
- 2.4kg (5.2lb)
- Total Power Available (for
- Load and Battery charging) 210W
- Nominal Battery Voltage 12VDC
- Load Output Min Current 1A
- Load Output Max Current 12A
- Battery Charge Max Current 5A
- Suggested Max Load ~10A (120W)
- Battery Charger Voltage WET Equalize = 14.6V, Float = 13.2V ; GEL Equalize = 14.2V, Float = 13.5V
- Overdischarge Protection 10.7V Load off / 12.6V Load on
- Load Regulation 5%
- Line Regulation / Ripple 1%
- Noise 2%
- Efficiency 75% Minimum
- Self Consumption <5W
- Load and Batt Connections Screw Wire Terminal, 10 AWG MAXIMUM
- EMC Standards FCC Class A , NE55022 Class A
- Safety Standards UL1950, CSA 22.2, TUV EN60950
- AC Power Input (+-10%) Selector Switch 120VAC / 240VAC , 50/60Hz
- AC Input Current 3.5A @ 115VAC / 1.8A @ 240VAC
- Fuse 250V 6A Internal SloBlow (Littlefuse #021306.3)
- Operating Temperature -20 to +60C (-4 to +140°F)
- Operating Humidity (RH) Up to 90% (non condensing)
- Cooling Temperature Controlled Fan
- Storage Temperature -25 to +85°C (-13 to +185°F)
- Storage Humidity Up to 90% (non-condensing)
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure) 81,940 Hours