The UPSPro® series outdoor systems are designed for applications that require a backup power source in order to maintain uninterrupted service in the event of AC power failure. The system is powered over a CAT5 network cable via Power over Ethernet (PoE) using a Power Supply and PoE Inserter (included).
Features include an advanced battery charge controller to protect against over-charging or over-discharging of the valve regulated sealed lead acid AGM batteries. Enclosures have multiple ports for CAT5 cable, antenna cables/connectors or other cabling. They are vented to prevent residual buildup of hydrogen gas.
There is some space inside the enclosures for customer electronics such as controllers, wireless AP or CPE cards, sensors, inverters, etc. Equipment runs on battery power which isolates it from power line surges which is the main cause of outdoor equipment failure.
Models are equipped with a Solar Ready controller so they can also be powered using solar panels in addition to or instead of the Power Supply and PoE Inserter.
A typical 250mW wireless access point with average power consumption of 3.5W will run 24 hours on a 8.5Ah battery at room temperature or 16 hours at -20 deg C.
- Weatherproof, UV resistant, outdoor enclosures
- Powered over CAT5 cable using Passive POE and/or Solar
- Generous interior space for customer electronics
- Wall or Pole Mounting
- Isolates Customer Equipment from Power Line Surges
- High Quality AGM VR Sealed Lead Acid Batteries
- Advanced battery charge controller protects against overcharge and over discharge
- Wireless Base Stations and Clients
- Surveillance Cameras
- Wireless Bridge and Repeaters
- Remote Sensors
- Mission critical outdoor power
- Backup Power Systems
Enclosure External Size
- 17.5 x 12.5 x 6” (445 x 318 x 152mm)
Enclosure Internal Size
- 14 x 10 x 5” (356 x 254 x 127mm)
System Weight (without batteries)
- 4lb (1.8kg)
Battery Weight (each)
- POE Output Voltages Available (DC): 24V and 48V
- Available Capacities (Amp Hours): 8.5Ah, 17Ah
- Total Output Power: 60W
- Maximum POE Input Voltage: 57V
- Battery Voltage (DC): 24V
- Battery Type: Valve Regulated Sealed Lead Acid / Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM)
- Battery Life: 5 Years
- Controller Type: Dual Input Solar/POE, PWM, 24V 10A Max Solar Panel Size 270W
- Overcharge Protection: 28.6V
- Over-discharge protection: 22.0V
- Over-discharge recovery voltage: 24.0V
- Controller Self Consumption: <0.5W
- Charging POE Power Supply: 120/220VAC In ; 36-48VDC 90W Min Out
- Enclosure Type: Polycarbonate
- Space available for Customer Electronics: 3 x 5 x 3” (76 x 127 x 76mm)
- Operating Temperature: -30°C to +60°C (-22°F to 140°F)