- The AL-CAT5SHPW CAT5 three-stage Lightning Protector provides superior lightning and surge protection for both indoor and outdoor 10/100 Base-T networks. In addition, the unit is compatible with Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) devices. Integral to the design is protection for the two Ethernet data pairs and the PoE DC power feed.
- The Advantage of this three stage surge protector design is the added level of protection due to its large power rating and safety due to its failsafe architecture. In the event of a catastrophic surge event, the series resistors will fuse and the shunt diodes will short. This will safely disconnect the line from the datacom equipment.
- This unit features a weatherproof ABS enclosure with gasketed cover and concealed mounting holes. For convenience terminal strips and shielded RJ45 Jacks are provided on the input and output for convenience. To ease installation, the terminal strips can be removed. The shielded RJ45 Jacks helps reduce the effects of EMI interference. Their right angle design help ease the use of pre-terminated CAT5 Ethernet cable.
- For mounting to masts up to 2 inches in diameter, the HGX-PMT25 mast mounting kit is available (sold separately).
- For additional information and complete specifications, click on Data Sheet link below.
- 3- stage protection with failsafe architecture
- Power-Over-Ethernet (PoE) compatible
- Easy access shielded RJ45 jacks and removable terminal strips
- Weatherproof ABS enclosure with gasketed cover
- 10/100 Base-T Ethernet equipment
- Wireless access points, router and servers
- PoE switches
- IP, network or web cameras