The Mimosa A5 access point delivers cutting-edge multipoint technology for service providers to affordably deliver the industry’s first scalable, gigabit, wireless broadband network.
Fiber Speed Access
- Capable of delivering the speed business users and consumers need at a fraction of the cost of delivering fiber-to-the-premise.
Network-Wide Cloud Control
- Mimosa Cloud makes deployment a breeze, interacting with devices network-wide to proactively assist the A5 to optimize network and subscriber experience for the best performance and capacity management.
Working Above the Noise
- Advanced auto-gain control techniques automatically squelch out underlying interference with only 10 dB of operating margin required to deliver incredible client performance.
Compact and Fast
- With up to 1.0 Gbps of total capacity, the A5 is the industry’s fastest multipoint solution in a tiny form factor, making suburban rooftop or urban installation a fast, easy and discrete solution.
Network Scalability Perfected
- Unique integrated, high-precision GPS Sync technology allows every deployed device to be collaboratively synchronized across the network, allowing easy channel reuse to save spectrum network-wide.
- Max Throughput: Up to 1.0 Gbps IP (1.7 Gbps PHY) - Typical 2 stream client PHY rate is 866 Mbps aggregate (80 MHz@MCS9)
- Client Capacity: 100 clients
- Wireless Protocols: WiFi Interop, Mimosa GPS Sync (TDMA)**
- Coverage Radius: Recommended < 300m/1000ft for optimal performance
- MIMO & Modulation: 4x4:4 MIMO OFDM up to 256-QAM
- Bandwidth*: 20/40/80 MHz channels tunable in 5 MHz increments for GPS Sync; tunable to standard WiFi channels for WiFi Interop
- Frequency Range: GPS Sync: 4900 - 6200 MHz - WiFi Interop: 5170 - 5835 MHz restricted by country of operation (*new* US/FCC 5600-5650 support)
- Max Output Power: 30 dBm
- Sensitivity ( MCS 0 ): - 87 dBm @ 80 MHz, -90 dBm @ 40 MHz, -93 dBm @ 20 MHz
- Max Power Consumption: 25W
- System Power Method: 802.3 at compliant
- System Lightning & ESD Protection: 6 kV
- PoE Power Supply: 802.3at and Passive POE compliant, 48-56 V Power over Ethernet supply with IEC61000-4-5 surge protection
- Gain: 14 dBi (net of losses into each of four sector panels)
- Beamwidth ( 3 dB ): 70° azimuth
- Electrical Downtilt: none
- Front-to-Back Ratio: >30 dB
- Cross-Polar Isolation: >20 dB or greater
- Polarization: Circular, four alternating panels