Electrostatic Discharge Protection - Sleek, Affordable Gigabit Network Interface Device (NID)
- Affordable Protection
- The cost-effective Mimosa gigabit Network Interface Device (NID) protects electrical systems from ESD (electrostatic discharge) surges.
- It’s designed for exterior wall mounting, providing outdoor technician access, ESD protection and a grounding point for all radio installations.
- With a rugged IP54 rating, it has a dust and water-resistant design with a foam cable entry seal and a security fastener tie point.
- Increased Reliability
- Since Mimosa radios already have GDTs (Gas DischargeTubes) for suppressing ESD, the Mimosa NID adds additional protection for electrical systems. This means higher reliability for WISP operators, and fewer service calls.
- It’s also an ideal solution for areas that require installations to meet certain, local code requirements.
- Easy Installation
- In just a few minutes, a NID can be mounted, installed and connected. A shielded CAT 6 or 6A Ethernet cable goes into the NID, and then another CAT 6 or 6A Ethernet cable goes inside the house, or to the bottom of a tower, into a PoE injector. A 14 AWG or larger wire goes from the NID and connects to a ground rod.
- ESD protection between subscriber premise entry and the home
- ESD protection between radios and the power source
- Protects the power source and electrical equipment
- Service interface for easily accessible troubleshooting
- Cost-effective solution for every deployment
- Dimensions: 42 mm (1.6”) x 131 mm (5.1”) x 84 mm (3.3”)
- 0.13 kg (4.8 oz)
- Data Transfer Rate: Gigabit rated
- Connectors: Two (2) RJ-45
- Protection Mode: Line-to-line and line-to-ground
- Surge Arrestor: GDT (Gas Discharge Tube)
- DC Sparkover: 90 V @ 100 V/s
- Impulse Sparkover: 550 V @ 1000V/μs
- Impulse Discharge Current: 10 kA
- Capacitance: < 1.0 pF @ 1 MHz
- Mounting: Wall mount. Two (2) screw mounting points for secure access to flat surface with optional rear feed point for clean installations.
- Operating Temperature: -40 to +55 C
- Humidity: 5 to 100% condensing
- Environmental Protection: IP54 (dust and water intrusion protection)